The public parts of my notebook.
It's crazy how much can be done without code:
- Placing objects at locations in the world.
- Running code on an object every step.
- Setting a speed and direction on an object and having that object move accordingly.
- Assigning a sprite to an object.
- Drawing a sprite at the right rotation.
- Assuming the hit box of a sprite is just its dimensions.
- Assuming that a collision is when two hit boxes are overlapping.
Code is used for:
- Moving the player and spewing bullets in response to keys being pressed.
- Preventing movement if an object is colliding with something.
- Removing a bullet if it collides with a wall.
Screen Recording 2021-04-24 at 10.40.13 PM.mov